Democracy North Carolina is in every region of our state.
Democracy North Carolina is a statewide organization with staff in Asheville, RDU area, Greenville, Winston-Salem, Charlotte, and Fayetteville. We recruit volunteers year-round for a variety of roles.
Volunteer at our Triangle office
If you are interested in volunteering at our main office in Morrisville, please complete the Volunteer Interest Form here. Applications will be reviewed at the end of every month.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Entering data for different Democracy NC programs
- Making Get Out The Vote, event turn out, and issue advocacy texts and calls
- Working in our EveryAction supporter management database
- Putting together educational packets and materials for events and community members
- Voter education and research projects
Volunteer as part of a coalition
If you are interested in taking action as part of a group or coalition, you can contact a Democracy NC Regional Managing Organizer near you. This includes opportunities such as voter registration, education, and mobilization efforts, attending monthly coalition meetings, material distribution, canvassing and phone banking:
- For the Western NC region (includes Asheville, Boone, and more), contact: Savannah Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the Western Piedmont (includes the Charlotte area, Hickory, and more), contact:
Kamaria Lawrence at email@example.com.
- For the Central NC region (includes Winston-Salem, Greensboro, and more), contact:
Linda Sutton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the Eastern NC region (includes Rocky Mount, New Bern, Greenville, and more), contact:
Marques Thompson at email@example.com.
- For the Southeastern NC region (includes Fayetteville, Lumberton, and more), contact: Manuel “Manny” Mejia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer as a Vote Protector
Be on the frontlines of protecting the vote during pivotal election years — find out more here.
You can also contribute by making a tax-deductible donation — visit Donate to learn more.