Democracy NC is in every region of our state.
Democracy North Carolina is a statewide organization with staff in Asheville, Durham, Greenville, Winston-Salem, Charlotte and Fayetteville. We recruit volunteers year-round for a variety of roles.
Volunteer at our Triangle office
If you are interested in volunteering at our main office in Morrisville, please complete the Volunteer Interest Form here.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Entering data and sign in sheets from our meetings around the state
- Making event turn out, get out the vote, and issue advocacy calls
- Putting together packets and materials for trainings and events around the state
- Voter education and research projects
Volunteer as part of a coalition
If you are interested in taking action as part of a group or coalition, you can contact a Democracy NC field organizer near you. This includes opportunities such as voter registration, education, and mobilization efforts, attending monthly coalition meetings, material distribution, canvassing and phone banking:
- For the Western NC region (includes Asheville, Boone, and more), contact:
Edward Peters at email@example.com.
- For the Western Piedmont (includes the Charlotte area, Hickory, and more), contact:
Kamaria Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the Central NC region (includes Winston-Salem, Greensboro, and more), contact:
Linda Sutton at email@example.com.
- For the Greater Triangle region (includes Raleigh, Smithfield, and more), contact
Jayla Hagans at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the Eastern NC region (includes Rocky Mount, New Bern, Greenville, and more), contact:
Marques Thompson at email@example.com.
- For the Northeastern NC region (includes Roanoke Rapids, Ahoskie, and more), contact: May Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the Southeastern NC region (includes Fayetteville, Lumberton, and more), contact: Manuel “Manny” Mejia at email@example.com.
Volunteer as a Vote Protector
Be on the frontlines of protecting the vote during pivotal election years — find out more here.
You can also contribute by making a tax-deductible donation — visit Donate to learn more.