Democracy NC is in every region of our state.
Democracy North Carolina is a statewide organization with staff in Asheville, Durham, Rocky Mount, Winston-Salem, Charlotte and Fayetteville. We recruit volunteers year-round for a variety of roles.
Volunteer at our Durham office
If you are interested in volunteering at our main office, please contact email@example.com.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Entering data and sign in sheets from our meetings around the state
- Making event turn out, get out the vote, and issue advocacy calls
- Putting together packets and materials for trainings and events around the state
Volunteer as part of a coalition
If you are interested in taking action as part of a group or coalition, you can contact a Democracy NC field organizer near you. This includes opportunities such as voter registration, education, and mobilization efforts, attending monthly coalition meetings, material distribution, canvassing and phone banking:
- For the Western NC region (includes Asheville, Boone), contact:
Darlene Azarmi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the Western Piedmont (includes the Charlotte area), contact:
Mel Hartsell at email@example.com.
- For the Central NC region (includes Winston-Salem, Greensboro), contact:
Linda Sutton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the Southeast NC region (includes Fayetteville, Lumberton, Wilmington), contact:
Val Applewhite at email@example.com.
- For the Eastern NC region (includes Rocky Mount, New Bern, Greenville), contact:
Marques Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contribute by making a tax-deductible donation — visit Donate to learn more.