Join us on January 10th for a day of action at the state legislature.
Think our judges should be fair, independent, and removed from politics?
Unfortunately, politicians in Raleigh disagree. Top state lawmakers are trying to gain partisan control over the courts and rig the system in their favor. First, they canceled primary elections for judges, and now the politicians are planning to return in January 2018 to cancel judicial elections altogether and simply appoint their political friends to fill the bench and tilt the scales of justice in their favor.
It’s outrageous and it’s time to hold them accountable. The NCGA will be back in session on January 10th and we’ll be there along with partners from the North Carolina NAACP, North Carolina Voters For Clean Elections, and Progress NC.
WHAT: Fair Courts Day of Action
WHEN: Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
WHERE: Bicentennial Plaza (1 E Edenton St., Raleigh , NC 27601)
- Need a ride to Raleigh from Asheville? Click here: demnc.co/avlrides
- Need a ride to Raleigh from Charlotte? Click here: demnc.co/cltrides
- Need a ride to Raleigh from the Triad? Click here: demnc.co/triadrides
- 11a-12p | Fair Courts Press Conference (Bicentennial Plaza, 1 E Edenton St., Raleigh)
- 12p-1p | Fair Courts Teach-In and Training (NCGA Auditorium, 16 W Jones St., Raleigh)
- 1p-5p | Lawmaker Meetings, Attend Special Session, Rally for Fair Courts
Please RSVP below so that we know to expect you.
Follow the event page on Facebook here for more details and updates. Contact Jen Jones with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.